Hi all! I just wanted to update all of you that I may not be able to talk to enough. Well, Alexis had her first trip to the ER. She went on April 5th or actually the 6th in the early AM. I had never taken a kid to the ER for sickness before so it was a new experience for me too. She wound up having croup. I will give more details in a minute, but let me take you back to a week before. She has been picking her nose a lot lately. I yell at her ALL of the time. Well, she sat right in front of me and I thought that I caught her picking her nose again, to my surprise she started crying saying that it was stuck! What was stuck you might be wondering..... a saltine cracker! Yup! My kid stuck a saltine cracker up in her nose. After the initial shock I asked her why and her explaination was this, " I get in trouble for picking my nose and I had to get the booger out because it was bothering me so I used the cracker and it got stuck." LOL!!! How do I yell at her after that logic? I could not get it out. I called Ed at work and was doing that laughing /crying thing. He told me to take a suringe and fill it with water and shoot it up her nose in the hopes that the cracker would soften and fall out. Well, that sounded good to me. Except the water shot up her nose and down the back of her throat choking her. Yup! Now I was choking her. I did wind up taking her to the doctor the next day and the could not even see the cracker with all of the mucus that was in her nose by then. So they did nothing.
Now FF to the ER. I had to tell the Doc about the cracker because her breathing was not good and he said that it could be because of the cracker pieces getting into her lungs. Imagine that! After and xray there was no sign of the cracker. Yahoo!!!! Anyway, she is okay now. But that was one for the books....
We are going on vacation. I will post some pics when we get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment