Hi all. It has been quite some time since I have added to out blog. Here is a picture of the girls while we were looking for our Christmas tree. We went down the street from my parents and picked and cut down the tree ourselves. It is really fun. Mom and dad do it every year. Shayne and Nicole and Briana also got a tree.
The trees were really heavy becuase we had just had a HUGE icestorm. We had to let it thaw out in mom and dad's garage a few days before we could bring it in. Pretty cool huh?
Well, our Christmas was really good. It was a safe fun filled time. We hope that all of you had a great holiday too.
So, now to update on more recent events.....Serena is now officially done with her swimming. She did such a good job and loved it so much. She did qualify for the Championships in the 50 Fly. She took 7th place. Not bad for her very first season. She is now feeling that her body is yelling at her because it hasn't been swimming. Hmmmm.....a body that wants exercise.....I am not sure if I remember what that is like. Ha ha. She is probably going to join the Schoharie swim team in the summer. It is sooooo much cheaper and she will be with classmates. I am not really sure though. I really have come to love the team at DACC. They are all so good to each other. I almost forgot...Serena got a special award for her positive attitude and ability to bring other team members up to her positive level of thought. I was pleased.
That picture is of Alexis playing her Hannah Montanna guitar that she got for xmas. She is so funny with it. I wish you could all see her.
Gabrielle and Alexis have been really interested in doing something fun for themselves. So, we just started gymnastics a few weeks ago. I take them on Saturday mornings, Alexis at 9 and Gab at 10Am. We go to the Twist N Flip in Middleburg. They LOVE it! They have already improved. Alexis does a perfect forward roll with toes pointed and all and is learning to do a handstand and other fun things like balance beam. Gabrielle is learning how to do a cartwheel and starting to learn a back handspring. It is nice to see something that they are enjoying. I think that Serena would like to do it also, but it is hard for me to allow her to do everything. The deal was she swims, they have gymnastics. The only thing is that the 3rd kid gets to pay half price. So, Serena would only cost me $5 a week. You see my dilema.....
I will post some pics of all of this soon. We also have been playing my parents Wii a lot lately. They won it at my dad's company xmas party. Shayne and I bought mom the Wii fit for her bday. It is so much fun! Ed and Shayne have this huge competition going. If one of them takes the 1st place the other plays until they beat them. It is really too much. If you have never played one you really need to try it out. I will get some pics of that too.
Hope all is well. We are thinking of having a really big party this summer. We need a reason to get together with all of our friends and family other than, birth, death, marriage. Don't you all agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment