Sunday, November 30, 2008

Delanson Christmas Train

Alexis got a package of crayons and paper from Santa.



This is Serena, Angela, Gabrielle, Alexis, Santa, Mrs Claus.







This is Angela, Gabrielle and Alexis in the front with Santa and Mrs Claus.



This is a guy dressed up as Rudolph with Alexis.



















I know that I just added to the blog yesterday, but I want to add these pics before I don't have a chance. We went to the Delanson Christmas Train last night. Of course they changed the name of it to the Holiday Train. Isn't that unusual?? Anyway, if you have never been to this before I will tell you a little bit about it.

The fire dept opens it's doors and has Santa and Mrs Claus sitting in their sleighs. You make a wish list and get to sit on Santa's lap. There are a few organizations selling baked goods and cocoa. There is also a small band singing Christmas carols. It is always packed inside, but it does start to get you in the holiday mood. I really needed it this year because I am usually the most excited about the holidays in my family, but have not been finding myself excited at all. I am feeling a little better after last night.


So, then you go outside next to the railroad tracks and wait for the Canadian Pacific "Holiday" train. It pulls up and is all Christmas lights and decorations. They open a train car and there is a band that plays Christmas music. About half of the music is written by one of the band memebers. It is really good music. It gets you rockin'! The pictures are not really great, but it was very dark out so I had to take them in night vision mode.

No comments: